[lit-ideas] Re: Understanding Why Newton Contributed To Human Knowledge With A False Theory

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:06:41 EST

McEvoy:

"This lack of good instruments would not explain the indecipherability.  The
difficulty in his work _Principia Mathematica_ is that, unlike say  Darwin's
'The Origin Of Species', is requires a level of maths that is  beyond"

---- C'mon, insult me if that's what you want. Me and my _genos_.

"beyond _you_" -- is that what you meant?

I'm glad God foresaw that and did not allow you to _type_ such an
unchristian thought.

Newton's PM are pretty digestible. It's the easiest part in any course of
physics anybody can undertake at the _primary_ level. I don't believe anything
he wrote is _difficult_ per se.

You should go to explain how Einstein thought the things Newton wrote were
_false_ or _relatively false_, as he would prefer, but then

The difficulty of Einstein's work is that, unlike Newton's Principia
Mathematica, requires a level of maths that is beyond

products.