[lit-ideas] Re: The Surgical Strike Option

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 02:03:11 -0500

Robert asked, "Would you remind me again just what illegal acts FDR engaged in in order to get 'war material' to Britain 'right after Dunkirk'?"

My understanding is that even before the cash-and-carry legislation got passed through Congress, FDR had already authorizing shipments of our outdated war material to Britain, billed as nonmilitary shipments. Will have to check a source to verify of course.