[lit-ideas] Re: The Iran Charade

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:41:45 -0600

AA:

People don't learn from experience

surely some people do.

and they don't think anything through.

surely some people do.

Emotions got us into Iraq, now they're
emotionalizing about Iran.

Who's the they "emotionalizing" about Iran? What does that even mean? And how do you know that? If you mean to argue that this administration decided to invade Iraq for emotional reasons, I have to strongly disagree with you. To the contrary, I'd say hard, cold, unemotional thinking about oil and power got us into Iraq and is currently being applied to Iran. The people opposed to the war are the ones emotionalizing -- or, as I perfer, integrating their emotions into their thinking -- not the goddamn Bush militarists.

Mike Geary
Memphis