[lit-ideas] Re: The Iran Charade

  • From: "Stan Spiegel" <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 00:53:21 -0500

Eric -That is exactly why the Powell Doctrine was
developed--to prevent our warmongers getting us
into wars that our pacifists would lose. Too bad
Bush abandoned the Powell Doctrine.
******
You think that 500,000 men wasn't enough? And that's why we lost? We had too few men and women to fight the war with? Hmmmm. And it was the pacifists among us -- the big powerful pacifists. It had nothing to do with a misconceived war that we should never have gotten into and a stubborn and resilient enemy who refused to lose.

And here we have the Powell Doctrine that was abandoned. Funny you're not giving Powell any credit for that. A bold and assertive doctrine whose namesake was too timid to be its advocate! I think I'd give Colin Powell more credit for that failure than his boss.

Stan Spiegel

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Yost" <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Stan: I didn't realize that was why we lost in Vietnam. Thanks Eric.

Eric: No problem, Stan.