[lit-ideas] Re: The Big Donorshow

  • From: "carol kirschenbaum" <carolkir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 18:22:08 -0700

Maybe one or two minor changes, like audience involvement: The home audience
gets to bet on a certain contestant's survival each week. Actually, I'm
pretty sure this would make a super internet futures market, so to speak. Or
did I read about that?
Carol,
hooded at last

On 5/30/07, Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've got an idea for a follow up program:  Race To the Grave -- which of
the
two contestants who didn't get the kidneys dies first?  The one who lives
the longest gets an all expense paid vacation to Disneyland.  I see it as
weekly program documenting the health deterioration of each contestant
through interviews with their doctors dispassionately discussing the
course
of their disease and "heart-rending" interviews with the contestants about
how they feel being chosen to die, and how has their outlook on life
changed
through all this?  And interviews with their loved ones asking what they
have  to say about the fact that their loved one has been judged not as
worth being kept alive.  And what strategy is each contestant planning on
using to outlive the other contestant?  The life of the series of course
is
the suspense of which of the two losers will die first?  I think I'll have
my agent pitch it.  As soon as I get an agent.

Mike Geary
Memphis