[lit-ideas] Re: The Big Donorshow

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 18:33:17 -0500

I've got an idea for a follow up program: Race To the Grave -- which of the two contestants who didn't get the kidneys dies first? The one who lives the longest gets an all expense paid vacation to Disneyland. I see it as a weekly program documenting the health deterioration of each contestant through interviews with their doctors dispassionately discussing the course of their disease and "heart-rending" interviews with the contestants about how they feel being chosen to die, and how has their outlook on life changed through all this? And interviews with their loved ones asking what they have to say about the fact that their loved one has been judged not as worth being kept alive. And what strategy is each contestant planning on using to outlive the other contestant? The life of the series of course is the suspense of which of the two losers will die first? I think I'll have my agent pitch it. As soon as I get an agent.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Erin Holder" <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>