[lit-ideas] Re: The Big Donorshow

  • From: Erin Holder <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 19:37:35 -0400

You're horrible :)

Erin

Quoting Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I've got an idea for a follow up program:  Race To the Grave -- which
of the two contestants who didn't get the kidneys dies first?  The one
who lives the longest gets an all expense paid vacation to Disneyland.
I see it as a weekly program documenting the health deterioration of
each contestant through interviews with their doctors dispassionately
discussing the course of their disease and "heart-rending" interviews
with the contestants about how they feel being chosen to die, and how
has their outlook on life changed through all this?  And interviews
with their loved ones asking what they have  to say about the fact that
their loved one has been judged not as worth being kept alive.  And
what strategy is each contestant planning on using to outlive the other
contestant?  The life of the series of course is the suspense of which
of the two losers will die first?  I think I'll have my agent pitch it.
 As soon as I get an agent.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Erin Holder" <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>