[lit-ideas] Re: Syd Barrett

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 10:33:40 -0500

DMcE:

Actually, this must be a joke. 'The Wall' is the epitome of me-generation
self-regarding rock star self-pity that actually wallows in the values (e.g.
complacency, moral degeneracy) that it claims to dissect and oppose.

Yeah? So? Except for the rock star bit, that describes me to a T. And I love me.

Perhaps by "world's Wisdom Literature" Mike means 'the self-help section of
my local bookstore'?

: ) Actually, I had more in mind my own writings. But now that you've brought the subject up, permit me to pontificate on self-helpery. It's always seemed a bit oxymoronic to me to call a book written by another as "a self-help book" -- brings to mind The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas.

Mike Geary
up against The Wall
in Memphis