[lit-ideas] Re: Strindberg and Helium

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:08:00 -0400

If you're not man enough to own up to your misinterpretation, then God help you.

God helps those who help themselves. The Devil helps those who don't help themselves. Does the Devil help himself? If the Devil does, then God helps him. If the Devil doesn't, then the Devil helps himself, in which case God helps him. Go team!

Yes I misinterpreted her post. I thought she was indicating that my posting something humorous, instead of war-related, harkened back to the days when I had a soul and helped myself. Instead she was suggesting that I wasn't au courant. So I relied on the devil in the details instead, incensed that I should be thought a latecomer to something I knew about from its inception.

See, Mike? You were wrong, but in such a right way. I on the other hand was all-caps, boldfaced sans-serif headline font screaming-out-loud ... wrong.