[lit-ideas] Re: Star Wars (was Reason) (was Faith) (was cuddly kittens)

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 06:22:33 EDT

Is  Ja Ja Binx still a part of it?  I loved that creature  ......his talk
mode was so adorable.....

I never really "got into" Star Wars that much -- when the first one came  out
my brother was in high school and I lost count of the times he went to the
theatre (of course there were no DVD''s or VHS's, which makes my daughter cry
for me in pity) to see it.   But I was in particular pain when the one  before
last, the one with Ja Ja, came out, and I'll never forget going by myself
that afternoon for some any any at all distraction and watching it.

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========
    Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Star Wars (was Reason) (was Faith) (was cuddly
kittens)  Date: 5/19/05 9:32:39 P.M. Central Daylight Time  From:
_Eternitytime1@xxxxxxxx (mailto:Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In a message dated 5/19/2005 8:37:41 PM Central Daylight  Time,
andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
It's not  apparently as bad  as the last two, but that says very little,
considering how
really  bad they were. Anything, even an Adam Sandler retropective, would  be

better.

By the way, the New Yorker's review is extremely   funny.

Hi,
Having gone to the 12:01 am showing, I won't spoil it  for you...

(I spoiled it for a couple at work today--inadvertently  <wry  look>.  I
thought EVERYONE had read at least three of  the novelizations  of the
screenplay.)

For the last two, we have  gone on opening day--and I don't generally do
such
things.  But,  one of my child's best buds has his birthday right about  now
and the  last two were all released about the same time as this one--when he

was what? Six?  He decided that George Lucas KNEW it was his birthday  and
thus
had released it at that time in honor of that.  He's a  little older  know
and
(kind of) knows better--but as it is, as you  say, the end of an era,  the
boys
talked his mom (who, along with the  boys, talked me into going...her
husband
thought we were crazy and  would have no part of it <g>)

I will say that the graphics  were much better--but we do know how it
'ends'...so it is not as great  as if we did not.  (Though there are,
apparently, a
couple of  surprises if you have not been keeping up with  things...so I will
say  no more...)

Live long and prosper--oops.  Rather--May the Force (or  the Great
Collective
Unconscious) be with you,
Marlena in  Missouri

digest  on/off), visit  www.andreas.com/faq-lit-ideas.html