[lit-ideas] Re: Star Wars (was Reason) (was Faith) (was cuddly kittens)

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 22:32:02 EDT

In a message dated 5/19/2005 8:37:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
It's not  apparently as bad as the last two, but that says very little,
considering how
really bad they were. Anything, even an Adam Sandler retropective, would  be
better.

By the way, the New Yorker's review is extremely  funny.

Hi,
Having gone to the 12:01 am showing, I won't spoil it for you...

(I spoiled it for a couple at work today--inadvertently <wry  look>.  I
thought EVERYONE had read at least three of the novelizations  of the
screenplay.)

For the last two, we have gone on opening day--and I don't generally do  such
things.  But, one of my child's best buds has his birthday right about  now
and the last two were all released about the same time as this one--when he
was what? Six?  He decided that George Lucas KNEW it was his birthday and  thus
had released it at that time in honor of that.  He's a little older  know and
(kind of) knows better--but as it is, as you say, the end of an era,  the boys
talked his mom (who, along with the boys, talked me into going...her  husband
thought we were crazy and would have no part of it <g>)

I will say that the graphics were much better--but we do know how it
'ends'...so it is not as great as if we did not.  (Though there are,
apparently, a
couple of surprises if you have not been keeping up with  things...so I will
say no more...)

Live long and prosper--oops.  Rather--May the Force (or the Great  Collective
Unconscious) be with you,
Marlena in Missouri