[lit-ideas] Re: Better to have had faith

  • From: John McCreery <mccreery@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 14:16:21 +0900

On 2005/05/20, at 12:49, Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx wrote:

> "Lord, I
> believe; help my  unbelief" is the most natural and most human and
> most agonizing
> prayer in the  gospels, and I think it is the foundation prayer of
> faith.

There is also Aldous Huxley's proposition that, while in a
secularized future faith would be hard to come by, religion would
survive because some, at least, would find a life incorporating the
rites, taboos, music and art of their churches more aesthetically
pleasing than other alternatives.

John McCreery