[lit-ideas] Re: Providing a fair wine and tasting

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 18:03:49 -0500

I love coincidence. Just last night I watched a program (on the food network) which talked about Duncan Hines (a travelling salesman who knew the road) and his very successful campaign to identify safe eateries. And I thought he only knew how to bake cakes from a mix...

US in Canada

Andy Amago wrote:

Before regulation people had to depend on people like Duncan Hines who would
write about dirty (due to no regulations) restaurants and motels and praise the
cleaner ones.  Or by products getting the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval.
Now we have inspectors so you're pretty safe in most diners, most motels, etc.