[lit-ideas] Re: President Obama

  • From: "Paul Stone" <pastone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 10:11:57 -0500

JK: O's acceptance speech knocked me to my knees.

I thought it was amazing how he delivered it so well. A tad too MLKish
for my tastes, but he sure sold it with erudition and fluency and I
don't think he looked at a cue card once. Very polished!

It'll be nice to have a POTUS who can actually speak, although, my
fear is that he a tendency to drift into the cadence of  Cornel West
or Jesse Jackson. The "Yes We Can" refrain was a bit much in the end,
but at only 17:30, it was clear, concise and uplifting.

It should be an interesting 4 years.