[lit-ideas] Re: President Obama

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 22:53:31 -0600

EY:
Chicken livers wrapped in bacon and broiled to a nice brownish consistency admit no evil.

Yes! Chicken liver wrapped in bacon and grilled (what you and all your non-Southern friends probably call barbecued -- but barbecuing is a wholly tottally different thing) is delectable. Julie's rejection of onions stuns me. I could eat sweet onions (Vidalia and Walla Walla, especially) like apples. I love sweet onions.

When I was a kid, Mom often cooked us calf brains with grits -- scrumptuous! Haven't had it for many years now. No longer even see it in the grocery stores. One of favorite dishes is still stewed okra and tomatoes. The slimier the better.

It's always fun to disgust others with one's culinary delights.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Yost" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>