[lit-ideas] Re: Polls: for future reference

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 16:10:17 -0800

On Nov 6, 2008, at 3:14 PM, Judith Evans wrote:
also I probably slip up more than people who've been taught the mechanics of writing proper.

But we are British, and if we wish to use commas in the manner to which we have become accustomed, we'll damn well do so... unless or until, beset by slings of let or hinderance, we come to see the arrow of our ways.

"Arrow" has to be pronounced London-fashion for that to work well-ish.

Note the absence of split infinitive.

I done good, no?

David Ritchie,
Muckin' Abaht Studies,