[lit-ideas] On the Trail of the Warm Congeries

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 01:09:46 -0500

>>You, too, can learn to live according to your own conscience. Just be your beliefs, no matter the cost. And it'll cost you, trust me.

To be one's beliefs ...

Now who in the world does that?

If I were forced to limit myself, I would much rather be my surprises. I would rather be my mistakes, my passions, my being humbled by realizing I was wrong, my discoveries, my loves, my memories, my effect on other people.

My beliefs are provisional,works in progress, and really have not that much to do with the narrative center I identify as myself.

Why should one be one's beliefs? Really tell me.

You think love is a belief? Beliefs ... phaw ... hak-patooey. A true kiss is better than any belief. A true kiss is not a cognitive impression I have confidence in ... it just is.

Best,
Martyr Schmartyr