[lit-ideas] Re: Dmytryk, HUAC, Warmongers & Liberal-Leftists

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 23:03:46 -0600

LH:
>>...you will see that what Geary advocates doing (by implication) about the
>>modern enemies of our freedom, or indeed past enemies in any war we've ever
>>discussed is . . . as Dmytryk says "nothing."<<

Not quite true.  I believe World War II was necessary against the warmongers
Hitler and Hirohito.  And I think we were justified in going after the
warmongers of Al Qaeda in Afghanistan, I don't know why we quit that.  But
those are about it.  From what I know of all the rest of our military
adventures (with the possible exception of the Gulf War), they've all been
unjust wars promoted by our warmongers.  I'm open to new information, however,
and I know that things get muddy, but on the face of it, that's what I'd say.

Mike Geary
Memphis