[lit-ideas] Re: Olivier Roy, Daniel Pipes and Oriana Fallaci

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:00:19 +0000 (GMT)

--- Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is exactly Bush's line about why we hear only
> bad news from Iraq, because the media doesn't report
> the good stuff.  So is this the same argument for
> the Muslims?  We only hear the bad stuff about the
> Muslims?

that's the question I was trying to ask; thank you for
putting it clearly.

Also there's a "we" issue: I do not only hear bad
things about Muslims, far from it.  Here (e.g.) the
local Muslims plan a new mosque on the site of a
current one (they have yet to raise all the money they
need); a rather imposing building that will include a
community centre open to *all*.

Judy Evans, Cardiff

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com