[lit-ideas] Re: Obama's religion

  • From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:19:39 -0500

That religious beliefs should not be intimately tied to governance.

It means a preventative block to theocracy.

It means a nation's governance does not have takes on or influence on
individuals' choices of religion and worship.

But this is all a red herring.

What I want to know is why the religion issue seems to colour so profoundly
the question of which ticket would be best able to govern the country?

Julie Krueger