[lit-ideas] Re: Now I've seen...

  • From: karltrogge@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 17:53:00 +0200

On 11-Jul-09, at 10:28 PM, Mike Geary wrote:

... I saw a guy on a unicycle riding up and down the street waving to all the people. At first I thought he was naked, but as I got closer I saw that he was wearing a more or less Caucasiany flesh- colored costume and sported an enormous male member reminiscent of Aubrey Breadsley drawings. ...

Here in Memphis all we have for amusement is a mayor who has resigned 3 times only to take back his resignation each time as the deadline approached. That's funny in a way, but not so funny as that guy in Berkeley.

The juxtaposition of these two stories cannot help but bring up thoughts of some sort of relationship between the mayor's 'mantle of office' and the unicyclist's less 'complex' method of 'enhancement' through costume.

Karl Trogge
Hamburg