[lit-ideas] Re: Now I've seen...

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 03:23:21 -0400

Karl: ... the unicyclist's less 'complex' method of 'enhancement' through costume.

You are successfully tempting me to describe the time I saw a Highlands regaled bagpiper and a full-costume samurai almost run over by a high-velocity mohawked woman on Rollerblades who was talking on a cell phone while pushing a baby carriage, while nearby the tall man (?) in a rubber wolf mask played Debussy's "Syrinx" on a flute without missing a beat. Above the near-miss, balancing on a tree limb, a young street beggar "fished" for spare change by lowering a basket on a line from the end of a long stick. (That was the summer I saw my first riot.)

Mr. OU

PS: Re theatrical costumed enhancement, I must note that both _Men In Black_ movies situate their plot in New York, and that aliens -- if they must go out in the daytime -- are only allowed to go out in the East Village. Scriptwriters probably went to NYU.

PPS: It should be understood that I am attempting to posture for comic effect. Being around eccentrics makes me happy, but me? I'm perfectly normal. Ask Mike.