[lit-ideas] Re: Now I've seen...

  • From: John Wager <jwager@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 16:03:09 -0500

Here in Chicago there's a group of bicyclists who are a part of "Critical Mass." The idea is to temporarily "take back" the roads by having a mass ride once a month where about 500 cyclists (or more) just meet and start off in some direction, riding till most people go off on their own. Two years ago in May, we saw the Friday night Critical Mass ride where most of the riders were naked. They cycled up Michigan Avenue, then turned west on Chicago, and kept going off into the west. No "body stockings" in sight, just natural men and women.

Mike Geary wrote:
God is good to give us such wonders. When I was last in Berkeley, I saw a guy on a unicycle riding up and down the street waving to all the people. At first I thought he was naked, but as I got closer I saw that he was wearing a more or less Caucasiany flesh-colored costume and sported an enormous male member reminiscent of Aubrey Breadsley drawings. Even though it was costume, it was still shocking and hugely amusing. God, I miss the West Coast.