[lit-ideas] Re: Moderate Muslims

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 18:02:04 +0100

I'm sorry, Eric, but this does not answer the question,
are there any moderate Muslims in the Middle East.

Also -- and hence my snipe -- if what Simon and I say
about the rise of extremism among Muslims and the
war on Iraq (etc.) commits the Fallacy of Hasty Generalization
then so does the piece you posted.

I add that I, of course, do not believe Simon's and my
statements do commit the F og HG (you may conclude
that I don't think this piece does either, my point is
that Lawrence will not bring his somewhat blunt, and decidedly
flawed,  Logic (ha) Guns to bear on you

Judy

Judy