[lit-ideas] Re: Kyphoplasty For Julie's Mom

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:05:46 EST

Thank you, Judy.  Re. the diagnosis I'm encouraging her to see a new
internist for a definite diagnosis.  Apparently her chiropractor told her  she
had
herniated discs....I'm not sure I accept his word as final...

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Kyphoplasty For
Julie's Mom  Date: 2/12/05 6:06:52 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
www.urmc.rochester.edu/smd/Rad/vplasty.htm

says  it definitely isn't for slipped (herniated) disks.  The piece I
posted  before is from the Mayo Clinic, it says so by implication;
I misread it,  sorry.

Ordinary X-rays can show some disk problems (more precisely  perhaps,
vertebral problems related to them), but MRIs can be more  appropriate.
My first slipped disks were diagnosed by symptoms alone but theb  they
responded to the treatment (first by manipulation: the GP I saw  was
also an osteopath or chiropractor, I'm not sure which, next simply  by
pain-killers and time... ).   The reason for suggesting an op is  I
imagine the length of time your mother's had the disk problem in
acute  form (if it is a disk problem, I'd be interested to know how
they did  diagnose it).

Eric, thanks for finding that  piece.

--

mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx