[lit-ideas] Re: Kyphoplasty For Julie's Mom

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:58:00 EST

It was my Mother's understanding that Trammadol was the strongest
non-narcotic pain reliever available -- w/ or w/out script.  Apparently
Missouri Doc's
really do suck (in my daughter's parlance).  Yes, pain  clinic is called for.
I've been trying on a daily basis to get her  there.  She's convinced they'll
either drug her out of her mind or do  nothing.  <sigh>  All information is
enormously appreciated and  I wouldn't know a legal liability if it bit me.

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Kyphoplasty For
Julie's Mom  Date: 2/12/05 6:21:21 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
Eric, thanks for finding that  piece.

___

I didn't find it. My physician friend did.

And  here--following Robert Paul's lead--I should note that this was
simply a  friend relaying information, not someone offering medical
advice. Under no  circumstances should that information be construed as
medical advice or be  used as a substitute for treatment by one's primary
care physician. And all  the rest of the legal boilerplate onto the ends
of the  earth.

Eric

PS: Trammadol is indicated only for moderate pain, so  it's not
surprising it isn't helping Julie's mom. In the opinion of my  friend,
she needs better pain management, which is highly individualized ...
oops, did it again!  So here I should note that this was simply a  friend