[lit-ideas] Re: Iran (1), The Revolutionary Imperative

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:09:54 -0800

Mike,  I agree with everything you've written even though you write it with
obvious disapproval.  I approve of what you disapprove.  But then I think
Democracy a good thing and Islamist Fascism a bad thing.  I also agree with
our tactics during the Cold War.  Letting the USSR win the Cold War would
have been a very bad thing in my opinion.  And yes we need to make the world
safe for Democracy.  That's very important.  Making the world save for
Islamic tyranny, which you put on a par with democracy, is not a good thing.

Lawrence

  _____