[lit-ideas] Re: Illogical but true...

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 15:15:57 -0500

I haven't been following the illogical thread (too much family -- too much food) but the small statement here suggests Plato's definition of knowledge. If the sentence is illogical, then it's truth is merely accidental (and, therefore, not good enough for knowledge). Ursula, back to the family and the food (and the odd glass of red wine...)

My apologies to Andreas if this is an irrelevant response to his showing of possibility -- which I no longer have...

Andreas Ramos wrote:
A few days ago, we discussed illogical statements. The logicians hold that it's impossible for a sentence to be both illogical and true. But I showed that this was possible. Why couldn't an expert in logic prove this? Here's an article from today's NYT about this.