[lit-ideas] Re: Illogical but true...

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Andreas Ramos <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 18:36:27 -0330

Quoting Andreas Ramos <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> >A sentence, specifically a statement or proposition, cannot be both
> >illogical
> > and true (or false). As far as I know, nobody has shown this to be false,
> > not
> > even Plato or Andreas. Illogical utterances cannot be truth value
> > candidates
> > since they possess no identifiable truth conditions. We don't know what in
>
> > the
> > world would count as a verification or a falsification of the statement.
>
> But Walter, I did show this a few days ago. The sentence was both illogical
> and true.
>
> Check your deleted mail.

Balderdash, du hast showed no such thing. You commit the errors I cite in my
post on this matter of a few days ago.

Repeating claims already made does not count as furthering epistemic warrant for
those claims.

Having dispatched all present philosophical responsibilities, I return to a very
nice 18 yr. old Glenlivet, turkey, family, friends and a kidnapped snowplough
driver. (Not necessarily in that order, of course.)

Waiting for Christmas,

Walter O.