[lit-ideas] Re: Illogical but true...

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 17:14:37 -0330

A sentence, specifically a statement or proposition, cannot be both illogical
and true (or false). As far as I know, nobody has shown this to be false, not
even Plato or Andreas. Illogical utterances cannot be truth value candidates
since they possess no identifiable truth conditions. We don't know what in the
world would count as a verification or a falsification of the statement.

So, the truth is out: Ursula prioritizes family, food and wine over
philosophical analysis. Not even a god can save her now.

Walter O.
Snowed under yet again on the Rock of the Avalon