[lit-ideas] Re: If you can't beat 'em ...

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 17:46:55 -0400

This isn't too much of a stretch from the plan they invaded Iraq with.
Woodward called it like a game of pickup basketball, with the same or
higher level of violence than you're proposing, what with Iraqi beaters and
the many millions of tons of bombs they dropped on the population, killing
an awful lot of civilians along the way.  Likewise we had/have our
contracts (fatwas) on all the al Qaeda leaders that we grew.  Woodward says
that if it wasn't so tragic it would be straight out of Saturday Night
Live.  The only thing they're missing is the walruses.  What the heck.  No
walruses?  Flowers will do instead.  Certainly armor and military equipment
was not on the list.  Maybe that's where the snowblowers come in ...