[lit-ideas] Re: If Christian Fundies Plane-Bombed the Kaaba

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:33:09 -0500

Eric, you're forgetting my 'turned tables" beginning to this scenario. We would be a nation subjugated under a foreign Islamist power. The FBI would be dismantled or taken over. You're not staying with the program....and you're shooting from the lip...er, hip...
Ursula patient as ever...

Ursula: it would be a small group of radical Christian Fundamentalists who would carry out such attacks and a much larger group who would support them. In the climate of fear that would follow (and the us-versus-them propaganda), more moderate Christians would be silenced.

Eric

Nonsense. The FBI would round up everyone associated with the project, and send their support groups to Gitmo if need be. There would be no climate of fear; instead there would be an immediate call on all Christians to condemn the Kaaba attackers and round up all those who helped perpetrate it. And it would happen quickly.