[lit-ideas] Re: Hezbollah (cont'd)

  • From: "Stan Spiegel" <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 02:10:44 -0400

From Hizbollah's statement:
"What is not commonly understood abroad is that the aim of the resistance in southern Lebanon is not military activity against northern Israel as carried on by the Palestinian guerillas of the 70's and early 80's, but the liberation of occupied Lebanon."

Oh really? And you think we should believe that, Omar? That Hezbollah cares about Lebanon? And what validates that rhetoric? Perhaps the way they've hidden their weapons in civilian homes, children's bedrooms, etc. The way they've attacked Northern Israel, knowing that the attacks would be reciprocated and tear Southern Lebanon apart?

Did you show us that garbage, thinking we'd believe it? Have you noticed that Israelis are able to hide in bomb shelters? How come the Lebanese dont' have bomb shelters to hide out in?

Stan Spiegel

----- Original Message ----- From: "Omar Kusturica" <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>