[lit-ideas] Re: Hersh and the Devil's Advocate

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 19:03:12 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

It seems to me we are doing anything it takes.  President Clinton had ordered
the assassination of bin Laden.  We stage revolutions as is convenient for us.
The whole Rumsfeld deal says do anything (it took him 8 days to look at the
pictures, he doesn't care if there's torture).  All anything it takes does is
consolidate the Arabs against us.  We're spread too thin, we're barking up the
wrong tree, and we used our last resort first, and in the wrong country.  Al
Qaeda doesn't use WMD and that's what we've been chasing.  They use suitcases
and cell phones and other unglamorous items.   Plus invading Iraq allowed al
Qaeda to morph into a many-headed hydra, according to Clark.  We the U.S.
looked at the map and followed it blindly and here we are, doing everything it
takes.

Andy