[lit-ideas] Re: Gettieriana

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 18:25:34 +0100

Perhaps we can try something like this:

"First we take a vague or ambiguous statement. Then we imagine a context in
which it is believed to be true but it comes out false in the sense in
which it was ostensibly intended in that imaginary context. Next, we
imagine another context which has nothing whatsoever to do with what was
ostensibly intended but in which the same statement can be read as true.
For effect, we add one or two improbable turns to the story."

I think that would be the general recipee for producing examples of
"justified true belief that is not knowledge," although variations can be
tried.

O.K.