[lit-ideas] Re: Fwd: Re: Where did the pictures go?

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 23:54:08 +0900

On 9/9/07, Judith Evans <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > You can create discussion groups
>
> like Literature and Ideas at Facebook.
>
> I actually think it'd be
> > better than a list-serve.
>
> but a lot of trouble to go to simply to post lit-ideas photos
> to the web...

Less trouble, in my view. The previous set-up for posting pictures has,
after an initial flurry of interest, become moribund. One reason is the
extra effort required to (1) remember the site in the first place, (2)
upload pictures, (3) send a message to lit-ideas to tell people that you
have posted them, who (4) have to leave their email program and go elsewhere
to view them. Facebook radically simplifies this process.
John

--
John McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd., Yokohama, JAPAN