[lit-ideas] Fwd: Re: Where did the pictures go?

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 16:58:10 +0900

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andreas Ramos <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sep 8, 2007 4:09 PM
Subject: Re: [lit-ideas] Re: Where did the pictures go?
To: john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx

(John, can you post this to the list? The server is rejecting my emails at
the moment. Thanks, andreas)

> This may sound heretical, given all of the effort that Andreas has put
> into running lit-ideas as a listserve. How would it be if we moved
> lit-ideas to, say, a FaceBook group, where people could post pictures,
> videos, whatever, as well as written ideas?

Actually, I'm totally open to that idea. Facebook would work quite well: we
can have a group and keep it private (invitation only). We can do video,
pixs, etc. There are many new things happening online.

It's a bit odd that we're still using an email list, which is like from the
early 90s!

Best of all, I wouldn't have to be the admin. Facebook handles all of that
(but then, you  wouldn't get personal service).

Let's test this. A few people try it out and see if we can do a discussion.
The downside is that you have to log into Facebook. No more emails. Part of
the nice thing about this list is that you get emails. At least someone
other than your cat pays attention to you.

I'm already on Facebook. Get an acct at FB and link to me.
(andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx)

I just created a group at Facebook. It's called: Literature and Ideas (Very
creative, no?)

Log into Facebook and go to Groups and search for the group. Ask to become a
member (I have to approve). If you want, we can make it open; anyone can
join and I don't have to admin the applications.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

--