[lit-ideas] Re: France, a Rogue State in 1801-05

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 16:46:57 -0700

Kagan has taught at West Point, is considered a distinguished military
historian but, no doubt he doesn't measure up to your credentials which are
what?  Of course one doesn't needed credentials to present evidence, the
assumptions from which you might be able to draw a conclusion (missing in
the note below). He just completed the first volume on Napoleon.  I thought
there were to be three total volumes but Amazon.com says four.  I heard him
on C-Span and he had some interesting ideas.

I don't know what the heck is wrong with you guys.  A distinguished
historian introduces some new ides and you and Andreas do a little clown
act.   If you don't have anything to add, any reference or example backing
up your claim that you know more than Kagan, then what are you doing?  Do
either of you know what a World Order is?  I know Andreas doesn't from what
he said, and I don't think you do either because you focused on "Hegemon"
and not the World order of which Britain was the protector and against which
Napoleon reacted.

Lawrence

  _____