[lit-ideas] Re: Fleas

  • From: cblists@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 23:33:06 +0200

On 5-Sep-11, at 5:48 PM, Mike Geary wrote:

First to Chris Bruce:

I recognized the lines from Prufrock, but I'd never come across the word "matutinal". Being a good ole Catholic boy, I was well familiar with matins, of course, but dismissed any possible connection with matutinal. Well, obviously I'm the one who should be dismissed. Thank's for the addition to my vocabulary. Now in hope of humiliating you, do you know the word "tergiversate"?

[Sorry for the long delay - by e-mail standards - in replying - I was away in Bremen for a few days.]

I was looking for you to identify my cryptic reference to the Allman Brothers; specifically the song 'Blue Sky' on the EAT A PEACH album. Are you not a fan (is that not obligatory for Southern 'boys' of your age)?

I did not know the term 'tergiversate' - and shall add it to my vocabulary.

Chris Bruce,
back home in
Kiel, Germany