[lit-ideas] Re: Muslims (plural) disrupt Israeli philharmonic concert for Dutch Queen

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 16:32:02 -0400

John Wager:I don't usually respond to political posts here, one way or the
other, because I'm trying to sift through my own prejudices and filters and
know that they are very difficult to eliminate.  I probably have MORE filters
than most people; I think almost everybody is just trying to get through life
as well as they can, and that most conspiracies and planned assaults on society
are just as ill-conceived and ill-planned and exaggerated in power as the
stupidity of the society the attacks are aimed at.

I think this is all very true.  I am not just interested in who disrupted the
concert.  I am very interested in how this is going to end.  The Palestinians
have made it very clear, at least to me.  See link below.  They have claimed
that they intend to push the Israelis into the sea.  The Israelis believe them.
 The boycotters don't.  So it's sort of like waiting for the end of the play.
Except it's not a game.  Some of the boycotters, I don't know which of them,
are  probably what the Soviets used to call "useful idiots."  If the Israeli's
are destroyed, surrounded by hundreds of millions of Arabs, the rest of us will
place the blame on someone else.  It always seems to go that way.  The only
person I ever heard of blaming himself for a massacre was Bill Clinton in
reference to his lack of action in Rwanda.

The last peace agreement I remember, with a hand shake in Washington to seal
the deal ended a few weeks later when the Israelis captured a boat full of arms
going to Yasser Arafat.  It's just as well that all this ended as it seems
unworkable.

The Google link below connects several Arab countries to the threat, not just
jihadists.

http://www.Google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1ACEWCENUS347&q=who+threatened+to+push+Israelis+into+the+sea%3F&oq=who+threatened+to+push+Israelis+into+the+sea%3F&aq=f&aqi

Veronica Caley

Milford, MI