[lit-ideas] Re: FW: Corporate Welfare

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 00:43:54 -0500

John McC:
> This, MIke, is one of those situations in which the messenger is part
> of the message and who said what first is only a distraction. When
> Lou Dobbs, widely respected and generally conservative, starts saying
> these things on CNN, the message is getting out in a way that it
> never did before.

True, John, true, true, true, true, true  (there's a rhythm to those trues, get
it right).  But you didn't answer the only question I asked -- thinking it
rhetorical, no doubt:

"Do you really think that anything matters in America besides money?  Like,
maybe -- what?"

Lou Dobbs might be respected by some, but he has about the same impact on
American economic and cultural life that I do.  Pity.  If only he controlled
the price of something.

Mike Geary
counting my money
in Memphis