[lit-ideas] Re: Einstein -Scene 2

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 16:11:51 -0500

>>This caricaturization captures the type of conversation Outsider Einstein
would have had with his wife and the people in his circle. He had no room
in his life for anything other than physics.

But this is an ongoing postmodern improv comedy about another Einstein--a stoner Einstein who mooches his buddy's pot, whose wife comes up with his Nobel Prize winning insight into the mathematics of Brownian movement, and who works in a Swiss Patent Office that is a veritable Prospero's book full of inventions like aerosol cheese and time machines. It was conceived by Robert Paul. Standing on the shoulders of this giant, David Ritchie and I are but vehicles to carry forward his great notion.

Doing my best NOT to think of Donald Barthelme's short story, "The Genius,"

Eric