[lit-ideas] Re: Einstein -Scene 2

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 10:16:46 -0500

This caricaturization captures the type of conversation Outsider Einstein
would have had with his wife and the people in his circle.  He had no room
in his life for anything other than physics.  He also thought in pictures.
Allegedly he didn't like math.  Anybody know if he did anything profound
after E=mc2?

Jeeze Andy, you're like a guy after a 9 course meal asking for dessert. Was Joyce a genius? He ONLY wrote 4 books really. Anyone know what he did after Finnegan's Wake?

 For Paul, I never said Newton wasn't a genius.  My point was
that in the popular imagination Newton=apple and Edison=lightbulb (those
who know their names at all), but I'll bet any hick in any red state can
tell you that Einstein, yes Einstein, was a genius ... This grossly
unbalanced perception is what I'm getting at.

Then you should be on the case of people giving those others short shrift, not minimalizing what AE did.

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada