[lit-ideas] Re: Der Tod ist kein Ereignis des Lebens ...

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 20:41:23 -0500

So Ludwig only put in 62 years? Hell, he was a piker. I wonder if could
he whistle. I admire most men who can whistle a happy tune. Or Dixie --
it doesn't have to be a happy tune. But more mostly I admire women who can
whistle. By doing that they tell the whole of the human race to go to
hell. Got to admire that. I wish I were a woman so that I could be a
real, honest to God feminist and not an imitation one. O well, we are who,
what, where, why, and when we are. If this computer could print musical
notes I would whistle a tune for you -- something by Mario Lanza -- how
about "On the Street Where You Live"? I know that one perfectly. But
alas, male or female, we are limited to words in such venues. What a
paltry world we live in.

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 5:36 PM, Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Vienna, 26 April 1889