[lit-ideas] Re: Der Tod ist kein Ereignis des Lebens ...

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 20:33:43 -0500

If the works of Stalin, Mao and Tito or moi have been significant figures
in your life, then why not salute them? Perhaps RP is gently reminding us
all that this is purported to be a literature and philosophy List and not a
psychological counselling list or a Post Your Gripe Here List. Or perhaps
he thought that some of us might not be aware that it is his birthday and
would appreciate knowing. Me? I only like and celebrate myself -- and
Whitman, of course. Gotta go with THE dude, you know. Anyway, happy
birthday, Witters! (even if it does seem a bit ironic to celebrate the
birth of people who are dead. We don't celebrate Death day. Or do we?

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 6:50 PM, Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Perceptions of colors might be similar across cultures but perceptions of
personalities might vary. Do I post on Stalin',. Mao's and Tito's birthdays
? No ?
Should I begin ?

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 1:11 AM, Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Sounds threatening ?

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 1:10 AM, Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

When is Stalin's birthday ?

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 1:06 AM, Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

You knew already that I made a career out of a personality cult? I'd
try to respond to this if I knew what it meant. But you already knew 'it'—?
Sounds threatening.

Maybe you already knew that this was Wittgenstein's birthday, from
which it follows...?

Good to hear from you.

RP

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 3:45 PM, Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Other than, you made a career out of a personality cult, which I knew
already.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 12:37 AM, Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

What is the implicature ?