[lit-ideas] Re: Collie-resistant Improvement

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 19:41:19 -0700

On Jul 29, 2011, at 1:04 PM, Veronica Caley wrote:

> I have never met Mac the Collie but I love him anyway.  Who wouldn't love
> such an intelligent, creative creature as he.  And, as bad behavior goes,
> it's better than my former Sheltie.  She liked to escape, bound across
> several acre lots and a street.  And why?  To harass the neighbor's chickens.
>  Imagine my chagrin when the neighbor called and asked one of us to go get
> her.  The Sheltie was lucky.  Too many people around here have guns.  That's
> the way they deal with any wild creature who happens to end up trapped in
> their garage.
One of Mac's many virtues is that he barks only when other dogs need to know
that this territory actually has an occupant, or when we are under threat from
the high-pitched noise of skateboard or scooter wheels, or if someone with
unfamiliar intent or a desire to extinguish all life on earth is invading.
Otherwise, like many of us, he just wants to like friends, work, family.

Good wishes,

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon