[lit-ideas] Re: What is the Opposite of Right?

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 13:18:51 -0700

On Jul 28, 2011, at 1:04 PM, Judith Evans wrote:

> The Gold Standard IQ test here (apparently based on a US one) asks
>
> "Why should you pay taxes?"
>
> As I wasn't really being tested I took the liberty of noting libertarians
> might object, then, answered.
>
> Wrong.
>
> So, I tried again.
>
> Wrong.
>
> After much prompting, I did find the er right answer, the only right answer.
>
> Any guesses?

Because they've nicked it from your wages and there's no way of getting it back?

Because you're particularly impressed by what Westland Helicopters did with
Boeing's Apache shell?

Because your ancestors lost at Culloden?

Surely it's the same reason the U.S. citizenship test says settlers came to
America, "to gain religious freedom"?

David Ritchie,
believing I queue, you queue, we all queue for ice cream in
Portland,