[lit-ideas] Re: Bolcom and Morris - a short digression

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:38:49 +0000 (GMT)

Everybody understood I hope that the joke of the song is that every line is a
palindrome? It's a pretty clever basis for a parody because it is not so much
satirising Dylan at all for bad lyrics (I suspect Weird Al is a big fan, but we
haven't spoken since the fifties) but those who miss the point of his lyrics or
read into them what is not there, and Weird Al would surely be delighted if
someone actually read the words as trying to be profound - they are just
playing a linguistic game.

Hence I signed
Donallanod

It's really just Donal.