[lit-ideas] Re: Bolcom and Morris - a short digression

  • From: "Paul Stone" <pastone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:23:33 -0400

 Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I understand your business and importance, but one of the palindromes (with
> the rat) is fairly well known, and others have the obvious shape and
> structure of a simple palindrome. The truth may be you simply weren't
> palindromically alert when you watched. But as said, I think the use of the
> palindrome is a clever satiric device in this case. Have another look when
> you are less busy.

Here are the lyrics for Al's "Bob"
Quite a number of these phrases and, especially the words are famously
palindromic. He made some good ones up, but I'm sure he probably did
it with a computer. I agree the Lisa Bonet one is very funny.

"Bob"

I, man, am regal - a German am I
Never odd or even
If I had a hi-fi
Madam, I'm Adam
Too hot to hoot
No lemons, no melon
Too bad I hid a boot
Lisa Bonet ate no basil
Warsaw was raw
Was it a car or a cat I saw?

Rise to vote, sir
Do geese see god?
"Do nine men interpret?" "Nine men," I nod
Rats live on no evil star
Won't lovers revolt now?
Race fast, safe car
Pa's a sap
Ma is as selfless as I am
May a moody baby doom a yam?

Ah, Satan sees Natasha
No devil lived on
Lonely Tylenol
Not a banana baton
No "x" in "Nixon"
O, stone, be not so
O Geronimo, no minor ego
"Naomi," I moan
"A Toyota's a Toyota"
A dog, a panic in a pagoda

Oh no! Don Ho!
Nurse, I spy gypsies - run!
Senile felines
Now I see bees I won
UFO tofu
We panic in a pew
Oozy rat in a sanitary zoo
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!
Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog