[lit-ideas] Re: Anscombe Society threats

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:47:02 -0800

However, there are many books that use mathematics and game theory to describe how Rudy's techniques dramatically affected all kinds of crime over a period of four years. Will cite some later if you need further info.

However, I saw this change in crime happen in NYC, 1990-2000.

That it involves a confluence of fortuitous factors I have no doubt. That Rudy's change in policing was a critical factor for the short-term changes, I also have no doubt.

Paris changed in the same period. I lived there in the 80s. It was a nasty city. But now, the French are pleasant and happy. The change is remarkable.

Something happened in the late 90s. People mellowed out. Maybe a new generation took over. Who knows?

But it wasn't due to Guliani.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com